Monday, August 17, 2009

Mashed Potato ala Chinkay

I love to cook. Wala lang panahon at space ang kusina namin para sa 4 na cook(my lola, my mom, my dad and me), and kadalasan inaako ng lola ko at mama ko ang pagluluto kahit specialty ko pa ung lulutuin.
May kanya kanya specialty ang mga relatives ko, bawat tita ko meron sila fave iluto. My lola run karendiria before when we're all staying under one roof. I'm used to waking up early watching her cook while I play with those utensils or her ingredients.
Ngayon hindi ko pwede agawan ng gawin ang lola at nanay ko sa kusina paglulutuin ang mga traditional home cook dishes, kahit pa sabihin ng lolo ko na mas masarap ung luto ko hehehe. So I would just cook what they don't both dare to cook.
I love potato. Fried, boiled, grilled, baked what ever. So when KFC made the special edition of mashed potato I drooled over it. Kaso mahal so I tried creating my own. Heres my recipe.

Mashed Potato ala Chinkay

First: Make the gravy.

Ingredients:
1/8 cup of flour
1/8 cup of butter
2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
1/4 cup of milk
2tbsp of soy sauce
pepper
1 can Campbell's condensed cream of chicken

Make a roux, it consist of 1 part of flour and 1 part of butter, cook the flour until brown. Then add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil until the sauce thickens. Set a side.



Second: Make the Mashed Potato

Ingredients:
3 big potatoes
1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp butter
salt to taste

Clean and peel the potatoes. Boil then until tender or enough to mashed them. After cooking the potatoes, in a bowl add milk butter and salt and mashed them until smooth and creamy you can add water or milk if needed.
You can also season you potatoes while boiling then but I prefer to season it while mashing. You could also use a food processor or just buy a ready mix in the grocery store. (its okay to cheat)Then set a side.



Third: Make the Cubed Chicken Fillet

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast fillet
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
Cooking oil for deep frying

1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare the cornstarch, egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
3. Heat the oil, while making the chicken fillet.
4. Cover the chicken with cornstarch then dipped in the egg and roll it on the bread crumbs.
5. Deep fry it until golden brown. Then cut into cubes. Set a side



Finally: Mashed Potato ala Chinkay



Needed:

Serving bowl
Pre-cooked Gravy
Pre-cooked Mashed Potato
Pre-cooked Cubed Chicken Fillet
Corn Kernels
Cheese

Put 1 or 2 cups of mashed potato in a serving bowl, add 2 spoonful of corn kernels and chicken fillet. Top with cheese and generous amount of gravy and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment